Leslie Horton Gladfelter
Ms. Gladfelter specializes in commercial real estate transactions, business transactions, project development and transactional due diligence. She has represented major national, regional and local real estate developers in all aspects of real estate development, with particular emphasis on large-scale mixed use communities.
Ms. Gladfelter assists developers and business owners with due diligence and documentation in connection with the acquisition of businesses, developed properties and development parcels. Her transactional due diligence experience has included multiple multi-million dollar transactions throughout the State of Florida, and particularly in the City of Tampa, Manatee County and Sarasota County. Such representation also includes closing, financing and the issuance of title insurance for complex commercial real estate transactions. She also assists clients with development documentation, including the creation of commercial and land condominiums, preparation of declarations of covenants and restrictions, subdivision and condominium plats, and coordination with engineers and other consultants as well as local governmental staff in order to obtain required approvals.
Prior to joining Grimes Goebel as a shareholder/member, Ms. Gladfelter practiced land use, development and commercial real estate law in Tampa at statewide and national law firms. She continues to reside in Tampa. She has a AV rating, the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Florida Southern College B.A., political science (magna cum laude, 1977)
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D.(honors, 1980)
- Florida Law Review, Title Standards Editor
- Board of Directors, Manatee County Family YMCA (2000 – Current)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors (2012-2013)
- Recipient of the John R. Mott Volunteer of the Year Award (2011)
- Annual Support Campaign, Association Chairperson (2009-2017)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors (2018-19)
- Mote Marine Laboratory, Inc.
- Development Committee, member (2015-current)
- Education and Outreach Committee, member (2015-current)
- Tampa Museum of Art, Board of Trustees (1988-1994)
- Exhibitionists, founding Board member (1990-1992)
- Board of Trustees, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota (1996-1998)
- Manatee County Economic Development Council, Firm’s Representative on the Board (1995-1997)
Publications and Seminar Presentations
- “Tips for Handling the Complex Real Property Transaction” – co-authored with James W. Martin, Esq. and published in ALI CLE’s The Practical Real Estate Lawyer; Seminar presentation to The Real Property Section of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
Bar and Other Professional Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Agent for Old Republic Title Insurance Company and Chicago Title Insurance Company
- International Council of Shopping Centers (attorney member)